Safe Urban Driving (CPC)
Safe Urban Driving Training
We deliver Safe Urban Driving training to businesses throughout the United Kingdom including Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton as well as London and the surrounding areas. Our capability to deliver courses nationwide stems from our training van, enabling us to bring all the required equipment to you no matter where your office is based. A single Safe Urban Driving training course can be attended by a maximum of six people and can be delivered at a time and place that best suits your individual business needs.
Safe Urban Driving course focuses on how fleet drivers share our cities streets, designed to raise awareness of the potential hazards that are faced daily and reduce cyclist incidents. The course takes place over a single day and puts the driver into the cyclist’s shoes, incorporating both practical and theory content for 3.5 hours each.
If you would like to find out more about our Safe Urban Driving offering, or would like to discuss possible alternative training dates please contact us and we will endeavour to meet your requirements where possible.
The course content includes:
- The changing streetscape and the urban environment
- Vulnerable road users and sharing the road safely
- Defensive driving techniques and understand vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
- Exchanging places, driver attitude and perception
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Hazard recognition: understanding the issues faced by vulnerable road users
The Safe Urban Driving course is fully aligned to meet the requirements of:
- Work Related Road Risk (WRRR)
- Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver
- Construction Logistics & Cyclist Safety (CLOCS)
- SUD is delivered in two parts, theory and practical (on bike). Both parts combined count as a single day of Driver CPC training.
We are a fully accredited training provider
No matter whether a company makes a group booking or an individual books an open course with Seven Training they can expect the highest levels of training. We do not cut corners when it comes to training and pride ourselves on providing an engaging and enjoyable training day for all of the delegates involved. Our trainers have delivered over 1,600 Driver CPC courses and are regularly audited by accrediting bodies Jaupt, Qualsafe and FORS receiving consistent clear audits.
Course duration: 7 hours – This full-day course counts as one day’s Driver CPC training.
Number of delegates – This course is for 6 people to attend.
Please note: this page enables you to book Safe Urban Driving training for your business, this booking is a group Safe Urban Driving course for 6 delegates.
Safe Urban Driving (CPC)
Safe Urban Driving (SUD) is essential training for operators and commercial drivers using goods and public service vehicles. This is one course for six people and does not include the delegate DVSA upload fee.
1 in stock
This event has passed
07:30 - Registration starts
08:00 - Morning session commences
12:00 - Lunch break
12:30 - Afternoon session commences
16:00 - End of session