Safe Urban Driving (CPC)
Safe Urban Driving Training
We deliver Safe Urban Driving training to businesses throughout the United Kingdom including Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton as well as London and the surrounding areas. Our capability to deliver courses nationwide stems from our training van, enabling us to bring all the required equipment to you no matter where your office is based. A single Safe Urban Driving training course can be attended by a maximum of six people and can be delivered at a time and place that best suits your individual business needs.
Safe Urban Driving training courses focus on how fleet drivers share our busy cities streets, designed to raise awareness of the potential hazards that are faced on the road daily and reduce cyclist incidents. The Safe Urban Driving training course takes place over a single day and puts the driver into the cyclist’s shoes, incorporating both practical and theory content for 3.5 hours each.
If you would like to find out more about our Safe Urban Driving offering, or would like to discuss possible training dates please contact us and we will endeavour to meet your requirements where possible.
The Safe Urban Driving course content includes:
- The changing streetscape and the urban environment
- Vulnerable road users and sharing the road safely
- Defensive driving techniques and understand vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
- Exchanging places, driver attitude and perception
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Hazard recognition: understanding the issues faced by vulnerable road users
Safe Urban Driving training is fully aligned to meet the requirements of:
- Work Related Road Risk (WRRR)
- Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver
- Construction Logistics & Cyclist Safety (CLOCS)
- SUD is delivered in two parts, theory and practical (on bike). Both parts combined count as a single day of Driver CPC training.
We are a fully accredited training provider
When delegates attend a course, they can be assured of the highest quality training. Our trainers are fully Jaupt and Qualsafe accredited, receiving consistent clear audits allowing you to feel comfortable with the training course you are selecting.
Course duration: 7 hours – This full-day course counts as one day’s Driver CPC training.
Number of delegates: 6 people – This course is for 6 people to attend.
Safe Urban Driving (CPC)
Safe Urban Driving (SUD) is essential training for operators and commercial drivers using goods and public service vehicles. This is one course for six people and does not include the delegate DVSA upload fee
1 in stock
This event has passed
07:30 - Registration starts
08:00 - Morning session commences
12:00 - Lunch break
12:30 - Afternoon session commences
16:00 - End of session